The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) administers AGORA, on behalf
of its partners, and provides User-IDs and passwords to eligible participating institutions. For
this purpose FAO collects personally identifiable information provided through the
AGORA registration form. FAO also includes information
about your visit in collective or aggregated data (e.g. user statistics) that does not identify the
user individually, but the participating institutions. FAO is very concerned about privacy and
guards your data carefully.
- FAO does not disclose, rent or sell any personally identifiable information collected at this
site to other organizations or companies.
- FAO monitors how you use our site, including search terms you enter, pages visited and
documents viewed. If you are a registered user, this information is stored with your registration
information. It is unique number identifiable.
- This data is gathered in an aggregate manner (not personally) for quality control and
improvement of our site. Your domain name is authenticated and replaced by an allocated IP-address
using SafeWeb technology. It is then forwarded in this format to the publisher when you visit its
visit its Website.
- AGORA's website contains links to other sites that can be accessed without authentication. FAO
is not responsible for the privacy practices of other such sites. FAO encourages users to be aware
when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every site that collects
personally identifiable information. This statement applies solely to information collected by
- Authentication and tracking logs will be used to produce usage statistics. This information
does not contain any personally identifiable information. FAO reserves the right to have logs and
databases analyzed by external service providers, in which case every effort will be made to
protect the security, integrity and privacy of the data.
- FAO communicates with you via e-mail when you send us the registration form. FAO needs your
email address so that we can respond to your inquiry. Your e-mail address is kept in a file for
easy reference, but not disclosed or sold to third parties.
- FAO collects information that you volunteer to us on surveys. From time to time FAO may send
you information related to the service provided through AGORA. Additionally, internal practices
help protect your privacy by limiting staff access to and use of data provided to us.
- At any time you may request to review, correct or update your registered information by writing
to agora AT fao.org. FAO may contact you regarding a website problem or other service-related
- While FAO attempts to provide links only to third-party Web sites that believes comply with its
standards, FAO cannot take responsibility for information found on third party Web sites outside
its control. FAO therefore cannot be responsible for, and accept no liability for, any information
or opinion contained in any third-party Web site. While we also attempt to have a complete and
correct Web site, FAO does not make any warranties to that effect and shall not be liable for any
damages incurred as a result of its use.
- Services provided by the publishers are subject to a separate
license contract between the user and the partnering AGORA publishers.
Contacting AGORA staff
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your
dealings with this web site, you can write to agora AT fao.org